26 April 2012
- Whale Shark Diving: a month-long diving season for whale sharks along the Kenyan coast easily seen off the shore near Diani, Malindi and Watamu
- Kijani Festival: this music fest features a varied repertoire, from jazz music to ballet fusion
- KCB Safari Rally - a chance to see a world-class motor sport event held in the Nairobi area. The course covers some 700 km / 435 miles
- Kenya Open Golf Championship - this annual golf tournament is played in Nairobi.
- Rhino Charge - this annual off-road motor race takes competitors deep into the African bush whilst to raise funds for the Rhino Ark Charitable Trust
- Dugong Festival - held on Lamu Island to raise awareness of the endangered native Dugong, a large marine-mammal. It includes an entertaining donkey races.
- Lewa Marathon - this long-distance running event takes local and international competitors on a scenic route through the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in Laikipia in northern Kenya.
- Lamu Maulidi Festival - the Maulidi is celebrated by Muslims in the town of Lamu with processions and prayers. A dhow race, a donkey race and other sporting activities are staged during the celebrations
- Kenya Fashion Week - an expo-style fashion extravaganza held at the Sarit Centre in the Westlands area of Nairobi
- Tusker Safari Sevens - an international rugby tournament, with seven players on each side, held at the Impala Club on Ngong Road in Nairobi
- Kenya International Trade Exhibition - brings together local and international business communities. Thousands of products are showcased, ranging from consumer electrics to cosmetics
- Sigana International Storytelling Festival - held in Nairobi. Professional storytellers come from all over the world to participate
- Maralal Camel Derby - a camel race that has become a popular tourist attraction. Held in Maralal, northern Kenya, international participants arrive to compete against Kenya's champions. Other attractions include a cycle race and children's activities
- Kwani Literary Festival - a variety of word-related events, including readings and signings by African authors
- Lola Kenya Screen Film Festival - a film fest for children and young people, taking place in Nairobi. Films include those made for television, as well as music videos and video games
- Kenya Music Festival - staged at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre in Nairobi for ten days, featuring mainly African music
- Concours d'Elegance - classic car and motorcycle festival held in Nairobi. Whilst vintage vehicles are the main attraction, there is a lot of sideshow entertainment
- International Vulture Awareness Day – log on to www.vultureday.org to find out where the event is in Kenya. It is aimed at creating awareness about the birds whose populations in Asia and Africa have crashed by 96 per cent over the last two decades
- Kenya International Film Festival - annual international film fest hosting films and filmmakers from all over Africa. Events are held in a variety of venues in Nairobi. Festival activities include screenings and film premieres, competitions, workshops and debates, and music performances by local artists
- Kenya International Puppetry Festival - held in Nairobi, this event includes everything from workshops on puppet construction to an exhibition of masks and puppets, as well as theatre performances
- Shaggy Dog Show - animal lovers come from all over Kenya to Nairobi to take part in the family fun day. Organized by the Kenya Society for the Protection and Care of Animals (KSPCA) it is a fund-raising event
- Craft of Africa - held at Sarit Centre, Nairobi, exhibiting local craftwork
- Mombasa Carnival - two lively parades on Moi Avenue with plenty of brightly colored costumes, music and dancing
- Kenya Music Week - held in Nairobi, visitors can take in an entertaining music programme that includes the best that the country's musicians can offer
- Jamhuri Day - the country's Independence Day on December 12th is celebrated in style with military parades, air shows and plenty of dance performances.
(N.B. Event dates for most events are confirmed in the calendar year prior to their happening.)